Monday 23 March 2015

SLAM! It's DEMOLITION DAD time!

Buy the book HERE!

There's a chap I know, his name is Phil, he taught me everything I know about children's books, you might know him, he's a nicest, most humble and knowledgeable fella you'd have the good fortune to meet, and I hope you get to one day, because it'll be a good day. 

@philearle

Well it just so happens this lovely clever chap has been writing a fair few highly regarded books of late (some he's even written while commuting to work on the bus, now that's commitment) and it turns out in his very latest book he's teamed up with another of my very most favourite illustrators Sara Ogilvie, What a dream team. 

Well you won't believe it but BOTH OF THEM  have kindly managed to spare a few sneaky moments to stop by at Book Sniffer Towers for a quick hot beverage and a few bourbon biscuits with some exclusive top secret preview treats from Demolition Dad including some images not yet seen by the public eye! what a TREAT! 


A word from author Phil Earle - 

'As you walk up the stairs in my house, you pass a framed sketch of a pug in a Tutu. 
'Who lives in a house like this?' I hear you cry, well I'll tell you...
A HUGE Sara Ogilvie fan, that's who. ME.
I feel stupidly lucky to have Sara bring the inhabitants of Storey Street to life, and even luckier that wrestling was  a life-long passion for her as well as me.
Sara is unique, with an extraordinary ability to capture both the humour AND the heart that I wanted Demolition Dad to possess. I'm a lucky lucky lad...'


A word from illustrator Sara Ogilvie 

'It has been a pleasure to work on Phil's book. Doing the research has been great!
I grew up watching wrestling on my granny's telly and I've definitely drawn from my childhood memories.
George has the hairiness of Giant Haystacks. The Tsunami Terror has the solid might of Big Daddy, mixed with the mystery of the masked marvel Kendo Nagasaki.
I'm still a fan and watch Mexican Wrestling each year at the Vamos festival in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The characters, the costumes and the smack downs....What’s not to love?'



#snortlaugh 






This is the story of Jake Biggs and his dad, George. George spends all week knocking down buildings . . . and all weekend knocking down wrestlers. He's the Demolition Man, and Jake couldn't be prouder. But when Jake hears about a pro-wrestling competition in the USA, and persuades his beloved dad to apply, things don't quite turn out the way he expected . . .



Visit Sara's Website HERE  and then pop over HERE and have a look at Phil's website - What a treat! 

With HUGE thanks to Phil, Sara and lovely Nina! X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.