Friday 24 July 2015

I Didn't Do My Homework Because ... Doodle book of Excuses By Davide Cali and Benjamin Chaud (Chronicle Books)


By Davide Cali and Benjamin Chaud - Published by Chronicle Books £9.99 UK.

I'm about to review this peachy little book for my round-up in Little London Magazine, but it's just too lovely so I wanted to share it with my fellow Book Sniffers too. 

I first spotted the storybook version of this book in a shop in London - It was in French, I loved it even though I couldn't read a single word, such is the magic of Benjamin's expressive Illustration style. Some time later I managed to get my hands on a copy and it was as funny and subversive as I had hoped - If not MORE so. 

Now the clever folk at Chronicle Books have created a complimentary 'Doodle Book of Excuses' using themes and illustrations from the original book but with the addition of pages and pages of fun and completely bonkers activities. 

This beautiful book also comes with a more drool-some page of gloriously glossy stickers (which I shall be saving!) 

I think this just might make the perfect end-of-the-summer-holiday present, Although it may not enthuse those reluctant school go-ers it will encourage creativity and imagination in the most delightful way. 

Here are some of my favourite pages from inside... I highly recommend you grab a copy at your soonest convenience!







Further Information: 
@ChronicleBooks  

Also Available: 
'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To School' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.