Monday 23 May 2011

We are about to fire Paul Thurlby out of the Book Sniffing Quick Fire Cannon...3...2...1 BOOM!

Are you ready to be fired out of the quick fire cannon Paul? ...I thought not...here goes! 

  • Describe your style in three words - Bold, Retro, Fun.
  • Do you have a number one tip for budding illustrators? Create work you enjoy and hopefully others will too.
  • Ebooks Vs real books? Real books. I like the look and feel of them. I like looking for second hand books with great covers. They have character and a history.
  • Your most overly used phrase... I don’t have time for petty disputes.
  • What’s in your near future? Animals.
  • Cup of Tea? Yes, please. Milk, no sugar.
  • Who are your fave authors and illustrators at the moment? My favourite illustrator’s are Jim Flora, Hervé Morvan and Herbert Leupin. My favourite author is George Orwell.
  • Who or What is your inspiration? Survival.
  • Who would you most like to collaborate with? The Beatles, if it were possible.
  • What’s your fave biscuit? Dark Chocolate Digestive.
  • Best Christmas present you ever received... Action Man helicopter.
  • Do you have any hidden talents? / Party tricks? No, though I used to be able to bend my left hand little finger right back to touch my arm
  • most played three tracks on your MP3 player Fleet Foxes – Helplessness Blues, Depeche Mode – World In My Eyes, Tom Jones – It’s Not Unusual.
  • Which letter of the alphabet in your fabulous Alphabet book is your favourite – Mine in M..I can’t choose one. It will have to be a tie between E and R


    THANK YOU PAUL - you are a squire and a gentleman! I do hope you don't suffer any side effects from your quick fire experience!





    If you haven't already then CHECK OUT Paul's website - Smashing stuff!

    Keep your peepers peeled for Paul and Alphabet in Creative Review and Junior Magazines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.