Friday 25 March 2011

Sunshine and Bugs - With Bart Dodd!

What better way to spend such a smashing sunny day than out in the garden with my best chum Bart Dodd (beloved companion of award-winning author and illustrator Emma Dodd!)

Bart is a dreadfully sophisticated chap and rather kindly brought a packet of frozen sausages with him for us to nosh on as we enjoyed the fabulous book he brought...

Are you sitting comfortably?


 "I Love Bugs" written and illustrated by none other than Emma Dodd (you remember the glamorous one with the red lipstick!..read more here)
*Blush* Here I am with Emma after she planted an unexpected smacker on my head! (I daren't tell Bart!)
 I Love Bugs by Emma Dodd
This zingy book full'o' bugs is a big smack in the face with it's stunning bright bold pages crammed to the brim with bugs of all sorts (not all nasty - there are elegant butterflies and some BEEutiful Bees too)


BEEutiful - but where are my sun glasses?

Who knew there was so much fun to be had in the back garden - (Well Bart and I did)
This book is a revelation - A tender rhyming text leads the reader to explore the critters lurking in the garden with a budding young naturalist, but there's a surprise ending with involving an eight legged friend (bet you can't guess who that might be!)

NB:A highlight for me are the blue bottles who grimacing ghastly faces really made me chuckle.
Perfect for sitting on the lawn surrounded by bizzy bumble bees and fluttering butterflies this book has rightfully been long listed for the Kate Greenaway Medal (which is announced on Friday 1st April )


Now Bart must toddle off home as I expect he has a nap in front of Midsummer Murders at about this time in the afternoon!

Find out more about Emma HERE

Thanks Bart, Thanks Emma and Good Luck with the Kate Greenaway! (we've got our paws and tails crossed!)

Catchin' some rays!



1 comment:

  1. I want a Bart! He's such a handsome chap. Not meaning to make you jealous of course, Book Sniffer. You look very dashing in your aviator shades :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.