Friday 25 February 2011

Get your glad rags on - Emma Dodd is stopping by the dog basket!

This weekend the Book Sniffer will be "snuzzling" (that's a new word!) “Me”, “ You” and “Sometimes” by super-ultra glam author and illustrator Emma Dodd .
 Mouse and I were super excited when super-glam award-winning author and illustrator Emma Dodd  agreed to take part in the Book Sniffer quick-fire challenge.


Ook Ook

Hello Mr P Book Sniffer
I'm so glad you like my books. Thank you!
I shall try to answer your questions in a super -sophisticated, award-winning kind of way. So here goes...

1.When I was a pup I very much enjoyed “My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes” What were your children’s favourite picture books when they were little?
My children are still quite little, my son is nine and my daughter is six. Conrad loved "Cocatoos", by Quentin Blake and "That Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown" by Cressida Cowell and Neal Layton. Imogen loves those too. She also adores the Ella Bella Ballerina books by the wonderful Mr James Mayhew and the Katie Morag stories, by Mairi Hedderwick. I think the Katie Morag stories remind her of our family holidays.
When I was little, my favourite ever book was "Old Winkle and the Seagulls" by Elizabeth and Gerald Rose.

2. Book Sniffer is at the forefront of all things fashion (apart form that one occasion when I was tricked into dressing as a Taco) HOW UNDIGNIFIED.
You are renowned for your glamorous attire and Mouse (the cat) has asked me to enquire as to your favourite shade of lipstick?

My favourite lipsticks are "Dragon" by Shiseido, and when I'm feeling in the mood for something really bright, "Fanatic Red" by By Terry.


OH THE SHAME

3. As you know I have so many favourite stories I hardly know where to start (in fact thinking about them all gets me in a bit of a fluster) but if you could illustrate any story in the whole world which would it be?Wow, that's a tough one... I love fairytales; they are so varied and can be interpreted in so many different ways. To choose just one would be very hard indeed...

4.It’s a full time job for a small dog keeping up to date with all these fabulous picture books but what are you working on at the moment?
Oooh, lots of exciting things.
My first graphic novel for children comes out on March 1st. It's called "A Roman Rescue". I am working on the sequel,"An Egyptian Escape" as we speak. In both books our hero, Charlie, and his dog, Bandit, travel back in time and have all sorts of adventures. Although they take a huge amount of work, I'm really excited with the result and I'm very proud of "A Roman Rescue."
I'm also working on book one of a three book series for Harper Collins in the US starring a character called "Foxy". He has a magic tail, and gets up to all sorts of things!
I will start shortly on a lovely new picture book for Orchard Books, too, so as you can see, I'm pretty busy!


5. Tell us about 3 things that inspire you...
My family inspire me. My two children are so full of ideas and energy and they love books. I am never short of ideas when they are around!
My parents have always been a massive source of inspiration to me. They were both designers and I grew up in a house surrounded be creativity. My mother is still amazing, so energetic and young in her out-look, and still surfing, at 74 years old.
Our family holidays in Cornwall and Northumberland inspire me. I need fresh air and space, to come up with new ideas.
I love walking and surfing.





 I hope these answers are satisfactory.
Bart sends a lick, a sniff and a wag too you!
Emma




Lovely!

Book Sniffer is a little bit in Love with Emma Dodd (and Bart!)...Until the morrow fellow Book Sniffers Nighty Night - ..Zzzzzzzzz
Bart knows what's what!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.