Monday 28 February 2011

Chris Mould in the house - Mwahh haa haaa

Book Sniffer encounters the legend that is...Mr Chris Mould Esq...

Hello there sniffer. Mr Mould here. I was out on one of my midnight jaunts, trundling along in the carriage when I stumbled upon your marvellous blog. I don’t usually stop the horses to talk to strangers but I was drawn to your love of all things bookish and Gwynne needs a rest so I’ll stay a while.


Boosk sniffer is getting a bit scared by this point!

Who is Gwynne?

She is a retired racing greyhound. She’s eight years old but she says she feels more like eighty. She limps along like an old man but for most of the time she’s curled up asleep and enjoying a lazy life of luxury.

She was keen to get in on the act so here she is.


Ruff Ruff! Chris Mould's dog Gwynne (swit swoo)

I thought you might like to take a wander with me for a while and I could you warn you about the Spindlewood Tales.

And then you can hear all about;

The Deadman’s Hand
The sinister secret of the great walled city of Hangman’s Hollow.
A small helpless young boy called Pip, lost and alone and far from home.
A forest of sinister trees that will hatch out a swarm of midnight creatures.
And if that wasn’t enough to put you off, there is always the threat of the hook handed man


Images taken from ever-so spooky Pip and the Wood Witch Curse...Wooooooooooooooo



Infact never mind me describing all this nonsense. What you really want is a free copy of Pip and the Wood Witch Curse with a scribble in it. Then you can give it away to one of your blog fans. Now you cant say fairer than that can you sniffer? - (See the Book Sniffer Facebook page for more information...)

I’ll get the pooch to retrieve one from the back of the carriage.

‘Gwynne…..Fetch!’


PIP - Who will the lucky winner be?....


Chris Mould - "In conversation" with the Sniffer...
Obviously The Book Sniffer thinks you are utterly super already but what would your Super Power be?
1. My super power? Well, I already have one. I can turn into a werewolf, but I have to try and change my habits because Mrs Mould says I’m eating all the dog biscuits. 

I'm not much cop at writing stories and Mouse is fairly sub standard with the old crayons -  so discounting us, which authors or illustrators would you still like to work with?
2. An author/ illustrator I’d like to work with? Yes, I am definitely going to work with the genius that is Mr David Melling (Jack Frost, The Kiss That Missed, Scallywags etc). We get on very well and we're always having crazy ideas so it's time to ‘put us pens where us brains is.’
(The Book Sniffer has met Mr Melling and can vouch for him also being a thoroughly nice fellow)

Aside from passing the time with the Book Sniffer and a nice cup of Bovril - what are you working on at the moment?
3. At the moment I am about to start on the artwork to book 3 of the Spindlewood Tales having just submitted the text. Oh and I'm doing roughs for my book of ten pirate tales, as well as having a few other things waiting in the wings. And I have to do the washing up and the garage door needs fixing and my car needs cleaning inside and out.

I have been known on occasion to do a more that passable impression of Barry White's "My First, My Last, My Everything" ..What's your party trick?
4. My party trick is the moonwalk. If you haven’t seen me doing this you are missing a treat. (N.B. not available during a full moon as I walk on all fours throughout this period).

I was once tricked into dressing as a Taco - Tell us a joke...
5. My Joke.  What is green and goes camping? A Brussel Scout J OR ………I used to be a werewolf but I’m alright nooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.


I can't begin to tell you what a nice chap Mr Mould is - and so super talented it makes your eyes pop out!
Check him out on his blog and website! and find out more about him here...
Check out the Pip books here..if you dare!...and if you are really brave (and techy) word on the street has it that these books are available as blinkin' eBooks too!!!! LORKS!



THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POPPING BY SQUIRE MOULD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.