Wednesday 23 February 2011

THIS IS A LIMELIGHT LARRY TAKE OVER!!!

Hi there everyone.

I don’t suppose I really need to introduce myself as I am quite the super-duper-super star actually. But for those of you who’ve been living in a cave or visiting the moon or what not, I will.


The name’s Larry, Limelight Larry.
I am a peacock. Not a lot of rich and famous can say that can they?...But I can.
I have my own picture book and everything.
Have you heard of it?
It is quite fantastic and is all about me.
It’s called
Limelight Larry.
Have you seen it?

It also has a bear in it.
But that’s not important.
It also has a bird and a mouse in it.
It also has a wolf and an elephant and some bunnies in it…. They weren’t meant to be in it but they just bookcrashed it the cheeky nitwits.



Did I say that the book is all about me?
You must have seen it, come on… you MUST have?


P.s. that funny lady person who drew me in the book says I am a big fat show off. But what does she know! She just drinks weak tea and talks to squirrels.



Hello, so this is that funny lady person who drew the big fat show off

SO, I have to write in a teeny tiny way so that Larry doesn’t catch wind of me talking about a picture book other than his, or else I will never hear the end of it.

The book that I am loving at the moment is All Kinds of Families! by Mary Ann Hoberman and Marc Boutavant.
I am a Marc Boutavant fan at the best of times, so it was always going to be impossible for me not to love this book. His illustrations are wonderful, and so is Mary Anns text.

As the title suggests, it is about families and it is really rather good. As I have turned as mushy as a mushyest pea since my little girl came along, this quirky rhyme about the strangest families (“Bottle tops,gingersnaps, buttons or rings, you can make families from all sorts of things.”) is just perfect to read together. With mummy hat and illustrator,writer hat on I am happy, and so is baby… result!


P.s. I don’t just talk to squirrels. I also talk to cats and the odd wood pigeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.